TPO’s 2016 Annual Report is now available to download here
, which provides a unique and detailed snapshot of the work carried out by the Ombudsman in 2016.
While the number of complex complaints reviewed by the Ombudsman grew by 7.5% to 3,553, so too did the number of sales and lettings agents joining the scheme, which jumped 6.1% and 7% respectively to 15,316 and 14, 613.
The report also revealed there were 3,553 complex complaints reviewed in 2016, of which 61 cases were referred by the Ombudsman to the scheme’s Disciplinary & Standards Committee for Code breaches and/or failure to pay an award.
The 2016 Annual Report also includes:
• An overview of enquiries, awards, cases received and supported (p14-17)
• The top causes of disputes for sales and lettings agents (p16-17)
• A complaints breakdown by region (p16-17)
• New data concerning disciplinary cases and agent expulsions (p20)
• An update on the number of agents joining the scheme (p19)
• An updated summary of the complaint process for agents and consumers (p6-7)
The complaint which resulted in the highest award paid by an agent during 2016 also features in the report – to view the case in full, please click on the link below:
You can download a web-friendly pdf version of the report, with interactive links here